Monday, August 22, 2005

Travel Writing Nirvana

I've been writing alot lately (unfortunately not here!) and hanging out with writers. I can't tell you how happy I've been as a result of it...how much stronger my sense of self is. Before, I'd see my peers, people with whom I started out with at Megabucks Industries years before, and feel stupid. They've promoted, moved on while I've stayed in a holding pattern.

Why? Because this isn't my bag! I don't want to be a Megabucks Industries professional...I want to run away and join the circus!

Over the long weekend I attended the Bookpassage Travel Writers Conference. It was absolutely fabulous. Like the smoothest, most sumptuous piece of dark chocolate I've ever consumed. It was heaven...like coming home.

Which is ironic because I'm leaving home for an extended stay in Europe soon. Perhaps now I'm ready to pay the debt on the promise I made to myself so very long ago...that I wanted to travel the world,live again in other countries and write. Who knows? Only me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home